Are you a Latin music obsessive with a deep knowledge of Latin artists, fan communities and culture? Anchor is seeking a Social Media Manager who will be the social eyes and ears of a Latin property for a global streaming music brand. The position is tasked with engaging its communities while driving the social conversation through proactive listening. Candidate must be fluent in both Spanish and English, demonstrate strong copywriting abilities and possess a deep understanding of the Latin music landscape.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to take the lead on developing high-quality, engaging content. Candidate will work closely with Strategy, Creative and Account teams across our New York, Miami and Bogota offices.
Founded in 2016, Anchor Worldwide is a fast-growing global creative, production and media agency that stands at the convergence of advertising, entertainment and innovation. Headquartered in Manhattan with five offices globally, Anchor specializes in developing brand platforms, programs and campaigns that are culturally rooted, insights driven and audience focused. Anchor acts as lead creative, content, and cultural agency and engages on both retainer and project-based assignments for our clients, which include BMW, Spotify, Boston Beer Company, ESPN, Amazon Fashion, OneMain Financial, and Cargill.
- Being the eyes and ears of the brand by monitoring online and social conversation to identify relevant and breaking Latin music trends, news, and cultural moments.
- Becoming intimate with the brand’s target audience.
- Engaging and participating in timely conversations that surround the brand’s content, answer comments, and amplify positive sentiment.
- Identify and recommend opportunities through user-generated content surrounding the brand
- Highlighting trends, themes and social best practices for creative and strategic teams on a frequent/as relevant basis.
- Brainstorming with creative teams on ‘opportunistic’ ideas to take advantage of trends or timely news.
- Capable of building posts within social platforms and liaising with media agencies to build social posts.
- Fluent Spanish and English speaker
- 2+ years of experience as a Community Manager
- Demonstrable success as a Community Manager
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Copywriting experience
- Experience working with social listening platforms, e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos
- Experience with social media management platforms Meltwater and Sprinklr
- Independent and well-organized with strong project management skills
- Ability to think independently and quickly
- Strong scheduling skills and attention to detail
If your interested in applying for this role, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.